Ubiquitous internet has dramatically changed the customer journey as we know it. With Americans spending upwards of 120 hours per month browsing on smartphones and computers, we can’t ignore how this increasing trend is changing the way people do business.
Did you know that more than 60% of the buying decision is already determined before your client picks up the phone or buys from you? Every exposure they have to your name and your organization influences their decisions. Now is the time to evaluate your social media presence and harness the power of LinkedIn to maximize the growth of your client base.
LinkedIn is where your clients are actively spending their spare time. They are scrolling through their feed actively looking for valuable content to read – content that can change the way they do business.
Consider these statistics:
- LinkedIn has over 500MM members / 61MM senior-level influencers / 40MM decision makers
- LinkedIn is the most used platform amongst Fortune 500 companies
- There are 9 billion content impressions in the LinkedIn feed every week, and only 3 million users sharing content weekly. That means 3MM users are getting 9 billion impressions each week. Think your company should be sharing content weekly?
- The average lead conversion on LinkedIn is 2.76%. Do some quick math on your average number of submissions, average new business premium, etc. – what would that equal in total new business premium for your agency to leverage a free platform?
If you are like millions of Americans, you are convinced that LinkedIn will make a significant positive impact on your bottom-line revenue – you just don’t know where to start. Here are some helpful tips for having a successful LinkedIn experience:
- Establish an engaging profile by using a professional headshot for your profile picture. Dress professionally as you would for an important client meeting.
- Customize the headline that appears directly beneath your name. It should highlight your expertise in fewer than 120 characters. Use strong keywords about your product specialties for search engine effectiveness and focus on how you assist potential customers.
- Write a memorable profile summary using up to 2000 characters. The summary is prime real estate for creating views on your page – it should be compelling and exciting. Be specific about the kind of coverage you provide so that you attract the right people. Use headers, sub-headers and bullet points to make it user-friendly. Make it easy for clients to find you by including your business email and a call to action at the end of the summary.
- Build a company page or link to an established one. Keep the company page updated with content that appeals to your target audience. LinkedIn Company Pages rank highly in search results, and many people seek them out directly on the LinkedIn platform. Your LinkedIn Company Page is a destination where people can really get to know your brand and is used to attract and interact with your audience.
- Organize your connections into segments with similar needs or characteristics using the “groups” feature. This allows you to customize correspondence for each unique audience.
- Connect with business goals in mind by using the LinkedIn search engine to find your target audience. Using a personalized connection is more successful than a standard invitation.
- Customize your background photo and LinkedIn URL to make your page unique and memorable.
- Become a specialist in three or four areas at your agency to gain exposure and to differentiate yourself from the crowd.
- Use LinkedIn newsfeeds to share professional content, add value to your brand and increase your exposure.
- “Like” and Comment on posts that matter to you. According to Andrew Hickey at Cornell University, “the simplest thing you can do to get more out of your LinkedIn account is to increase your participation. Spend at least 30 minutes a day on LinkedIn and choose your focus.”